Basement Remodeling Tips
We realize that other interior renovations such as kitchen and bathroom remodeling can impact your everyday routine with lack of water access or having to eat meals outside of your residence. This is why most people tackle a basement project before any other project. Once a basement is completed, it allows you to reside freely in this space without disturbance, while other more intrusive projects can be done in the future.
Starting with a basement project also adds more value because now you have created more livable square footage and you can add anything to your basement that you would like in other parts of your home. A kitchenette, bathroom, extra bedroom, gym, play area, or laundry room are just some of your options. Please contact us today and we will come up with a creative idea customized to your needs.
Here are some important questions to ask yourself as you navigate your basement project:
- Do you need a home office or library?
- Would a guest room in your basement be more beneficial to you?
- Is outside water seepage a worry, which will influence your flooring decision significantly in tile vs laminate vs carpet?
- Do you think its worth putting a full bathroom for guests or just a half bathroom for family members?
- Will your need for fitness require a home gym area?
- Is entertaining a must at your home, which may make a wet bar indispensable in the long run?