Addition & Garage Remodeling Tips
All Renovations is an expert in creating additional habitable space with either additions or garages with guest rooms. Over the years we have come to realize that the most useful additions are added bedrooms, new master suites, larger bathroom/kitchen areas, bigger family room area, and separate guest homes.
Which addition expansion gives you the best outcome? Asking yourself some of the following questions is a good starting point:
- Is a 3 or 4 season room with lots of windows enough for an outdoor feel?
- Are your cars taking a beating in the winter and time has come for a simple shell garage?
- Are your current bedrooms too small? If so, maybe a master suite with larger bathroom is in order?
- Do you feel like you want to spend more time outside with a front or rear porch/deck?
- Are your children getting older and need a separate private bathroom?
- Are your current closets being used as a hoarding ground, and maybe larger closets are the answer?
- Could your family space for meals and entertaining do with more space?
- Do you have frequent visitors that you would like placed in a separate guest house?
- Does it make sense to simply add the guest house above your new garage space?
How do you get started with us?
This all can get mind boggling and that is why All Renovations is your partner to hold your hand right off the bat. We would be happy to meet and discuss your needs so please contact us today as you ponder the steps below:
- Locate your plat and contact your zoning department before getting too far into the project. You will want to make sure you can do your project. Property setbacks can be found on your plat. We can also assist you with this part.
- Start brainstorming your ideas that may complement the current structure of your home. You don't want an addition or garage that seems out of place. The final design should always appear as if it was built when the original house was built.